GR0 is looking for a critical team leader and client-experience enthusiast with a track record of managing digital marketing teams and delivering extraordinary client support. As Lead Account Manager, you will be responsible for providing GR0’s unique brand of employee experience, people development, operational innovation, and customer service while overseeing ~150 different clients with competing priorities. Strategic thinkers and client-experience experts who embrace the grind and possess otherworldly communication and diplomacy skills excel in this role and greatly contribute to our blossoming company culture.
If you’re interested in being part of a special and rapidly GR0ing SEO team with a collective mission to bring our customers joy, we encourage you to apply!
What you'll do:
- Responsible for managing a team of Account Managers, facilitating their company onboarding, day-to-day work, and their overall professional development.
- Oversee team growth to ensure proper bandwidth in accommodating new client needs in step with the GR0 Sales and Finance departments.
- Review and monitor progress of each campaign to ensure timely completion of deliverables and the advancement of meaningful business goals for GR0’s clients.
- Serve as an escalation point for client issues and concerns, helping your team members remove roadblocks and find solutions to help clients reach their goals.
- Communicate regularly with high-level clients, offering bespoke, customized service and helping clients feel well taken care of.
- Keep up with SEO industry newsletters, blogs, and influencers to help develop your team’s knowledge and skillset.
- Play a pivotal role in the hiring process for the SEO team, helping to evaluate candidates’ SEO knowledge and other relevant skills.
What you’ll bring:
- A strong track record of people management, particularly with SEO Account Managers, SEO Specialists, or related roles.
- An understanding of the unique needs of each individual and an ability to manage your team in a way that helps each person excel in their role.
- 5+ years of direct SEO or digital marketing experience in a client-facing capacity.
- An adamant adherence to following standard operating procedures and understanding the importance of process and building routine.
- A deep understanding of SEO best practices and the Google ranking algorithm.
- Expert-level problem-solving skills & an in-depth understanding of client relationship management and SEO best practices.
Who you are:
- You are deeply passionate about all things SEO and digital marketing.
- You embrace learning in and contributing to a rapidly growing startup.
- You place high importance on transparency, accountability, and communications.
- You are adept at juggling competing deadlines and priorities with ease while remaining self-motivated and attentive to detail and accuracy.
- You are comfortable in a fluid environment with a high tolerance for ambiguity and dynamic change.
- You always strive to be great, whether in your professional or personal life.
- You have a passion for developing others and helping them grow and achieve their professional goals.
What does the hiring process entail?
- Stage 1 (Recruiter Screen) - After you submit your application, our talent recruitment team will review and reach out to candidates. During this 30-minute video call, we’ll discuss your career journey and professional motivators while learning about GR0 overall and the Lead Account Manager, SEO opportunity.
- Stage 2 (Take-Home Interview) - Replacing an additional video interview, we will send you a relevant set of questions and exercises, which we expect will take about 30 minutes to complete.
- Stage 3 (Initial Interview) - The first video interview with a GR0 SEO team member will involve reviewing your take-home interview and diving deeper into the GR0 processes, tools, core values, and company roadmap.
- Stage 4 (Hiring Manager Interview) - Your next video interview will be with our CEO to gauge your potential to excel in the role and your chance to clarify expectations with your possible future manager.
- Stage 5 (Leadership Panel Interview) - Your last video interview will be with a few members of our Management Team and is our final opportunity to calibrate the cultural addition you’ll bring to GR0 while giving you an opportunity to ask questions directly of GR0 leadership.
- Stage 6 (Reference Checks) - We’ll reach out to two references for a quick 15-minute call for external validation and credibility verification purposes.
- Stage 7 (Offer) - If a #GR0mance has brewed, we will make you a competitive offer and hope you’ll accept!
What's in it for you:
- A Unique Opportunity to work for a rapidly growing company alongside next-level talent in a respectful, inclusive, diverse, and inspiring environment. #GR0Together
- Shared Financial Success - GR0 provides competitive salaries + equity + 401(k) retirement plan.
- Health and Family Benefits - GR0 offers comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage options for GR0ers and their families.
- Flexible PTO - We know that rest is vital to your wellbeing and career success, so we give you the flexibility and trust to take it when you need it.
- Hybrid Work Environment - You can choose how you work best, whether in the office, at home, or both. Our remote-first culture, internal comms, and tech stack promote collaboration, communication, and camaraderie!
- Community Impact - GR0 is committed to supporting the communities where we work and live by partnering with local charitable organizations to give back in various ways.
GR0 is a digital marketing and SEO agency, getting companies to rank #1 on Google. We help our clients build powerful online brands, expand their audience, and rapidly scale through organic growth. GR0 has won several awards recently, including:
- "Best Place to Work in Los Angeles in 2021” (Comparably)
- "Best Company for Career Growth” (Comparably)
- “Best Leadership Teams 2021" (Comparably)
- “Best CEOs for Women 2021” (Comparably)
- "Fastest-Growing Company of the Year" (The 19th Annual American Business Awards)
- Our CEO, Kevin Miller won "Top CEO 2021" (GlassDoor)
We put our people above all else. We promote an environment that celebrates our diversity, fosters openness and fairness, and encourages conversations around what makes us different and unique. We’re an equal opportunity employer, so you’re welcome and valued here no matter what you look like, where you’re from, what gender you identify with, or anything else that distinguishes you from someone else. We hire based on your suitability for the role and our company.